All Mine 2

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

MAC is back!!....and Pictures of our Spring Break!


Honey Bear relaxing with Opa while he catches up on some media time.  She first thought we were nuts for coming out to this place with all the leaves and dirt.  It didn't take long before she embraced it and truly kicked back and relaxed!


Preacher Man trying to show Cutie Pie and Sweet Pea how to cast their new fishing rods.


Cutie Pie was really getting the hang of it.  She loved trying to fish.  We didn't catch anything but it was still a lot of fun.


Sweet Pea trying very hard to cast.  I think this was just right after she got it caught in the tree.  She kinda took a "rest" from practicing.


I couldn't help but take a picture of this fire.  I loved sitting by the fire talking for hours.  The girls went to bed really early because there wasn't anything else to do.  They loved the tent more than anything else.  It was 'three rooms' after all.


This was at 8:30 pm.  They were all so out that it didn't bother them one bit when I took this.  To the left was a queen air bed and to the right was an elevated queen air bed.  Everyone was comfy and cozy.


Some of the ingredients for breakfast: egg omelets and bacon.  Yum!


Cutie Pie doesn't normally play in the dirt but when we were camping she didn't shy away from it at all.  They were totally covered in dirt by lunch time.


Oma and Opa taking a time out to hold Honey Bear while she napped.  When Oma got tired, Opa would take over holding our big girl.  Soon she won't want to be held because she will be so busy playing with her sisters.


"Do we really have to leave?!" Preacher Man truly was able to relax and take it easy for a few days.  I was so glad that he was able to have a good vacation.


We stopped off at Mineola, TX to take a picture at the AM Track station.  This was on the way to breakfast and everyone was kinda hungry.  I love these moments with Opa and Oma! We have to make the most of the little time together.


Love this picture of the girls being silly.  Anytime we see these little posters.  They really feel the need to stop and take a picture.  I totally indulge them too because they are hard to get in a picture together these days.  We are usually doing anything wild and crazy to keep their attention for some pictures.

Today, I heard that one of the dear older men of my childhood church passed away.  This man was one of those men who took time to invest in anyone and everyone he came in contact with.  Mr. Boney had severe arthritis but would take that pain and put it to the side to show the kids of the church just how young he was.  I will never forget the first time I saw him go for a short jog along the back of the church.  Everyone watched in amazement.  Afterward you could see him move a little slower to the car, but it baffled the young kids how this man with a cane could jog passed them.  As the years passed you could see him having a harder time getting up and down for praise and worship time.  He would stand and raise his hand in worship to his King.  Mrs. Boney was a woman that poured into my life too.  Preacher Man and I were newly married and only a few months into my first pregnancy.  I had a chance to sit next to her during a wedding reception.  I saw her during the wedding praying without ceasing for the young couple at the alter.  She asked when we were going to start a family.  She started to talk about how when they started a family they didn't have anything to their name.  She had two little babies and they put pillows into the drawers of their dresser until they wouldn't fit anymore and she would hang their cloth diapers and sterilize the glass bottles.  She told me that you may never feel fully prepared for little ones, but they don't know any different.  They only know your love and attention.  We lost Isaiah days after that.  And after that she just prayed over me.  I have no doubt that Mr. Boney is now moving and jogging with ease.  I pray that Mrs. Boney's grief can be eased over the time she has here until she can join her Savior.  The time they spent with Preacher Man and I was very short, but the impact they left on our lives is eternal.  I am so thankful for the people who poor in to future generations and lead them to the cross.  Let me take time to say, (if you read this blog...which is pretty limited) thank you! Thank you for the time you take to pour into people's lives and souls to show them God's love.  Thank you for the prayers that you say for the lost and hurting.

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 3:12-14


No comments: