All Mine 2

Monday, June 6, 2011

CRUNCH TIME!!

Here it is again!  One week before youth camp...Not just any youth camp...FALLS CREEK!!!  Preacher Man and I have been to this camp before many times, but NEVER with our own cabin.  I am so excited and overwhelmed with all the preparation that has to take place.  I had all these grand plans of decorations, games, etc.  To have pretty much everything ready for our Sunday night packing 'party', I will be consumed with little projects.  Oh on top of all that fun planning, we are working on selling our little blue car.  The one that I have had since I started driving.  I am finally going to let it go....I also planned a "Get-to-know-ya" fellowship for our Jr. High and Sr. High girls. this Thursday!  It should be a fun night, but not real sure how many will show up.  I hope a lot, but I don't know how many drivers I will have to help with this fun event.  Another fun activity for the week is our VBS work day is Saturday.  So I think I may be packing on Friday unless something else wiggles it way into my schedule.  I have to say that I am very thankful for one of the ladies at our church came to me a couple months ago and told me she would love to watch my little munchkins.  I know they will have a good fun time and probably won't miss us too much.  Just kidding, if you have ever been around when Preacher Man tries to leave for a bit the girls all start to cry unless they get hugs and kisses with a promise of a quick return.

I have been praying for this week at camp for some time now.  There will be quite a few girls (and guys) in a small space for a week.  Usually everyone is so busy with the three different swim areas, ropes courses, volleyball, softball, basketball, Devil's Bathtub, Mission Village, etc. that there is no time for bad attitudes or PDA with their week long crush.  I have been praying for our group, guys and girls, since the day we started at our church.  That there would one day be a time when they could break away from their cliques and be able to come to church and share their hurts and triumphs with each other.  I know that this kind of atmosphere doesn't happen overnight or even in a few years time.  We all serve the God of outstanding miracles.  I completely believe that God could do this very thing at camp.  This coming week they can all bond together as a group and see things that they never knew about someone else.  When I was in youth I remember going to camp and many of the people in my large and in charge youth group were people that I could count on for accountability, encouragement, prayer, etc.  It was something that I leaned on when times got tough to deal with and when times were good we all had celebrations.  The walk that I have seen some of our youth has been a long difficult road that many are still struggling with.  Things that in my 12-18 years I didn't have to imagine dealing with and they are facing them with God holding them.

Last year, I saw some of our students praying without ceasing for a friend of theirs.  Each night we saw him struggle with God calling him.  The last night, he gave his heart to God.  I have never seen such excitement in their faces..they felt they experienced a miracle.  This year, I would ask that your pray fervently for our youth be one.  When they get away from all the distraction of the world, they are able to focus so much on God and let all their walls down.  I pray they become one group with one focus.  As school starts back up our battle will begin.  I am praying that this Thursday we can start something new and different for our girls.  A time to welcome our new 6th grader and our graduating seniors to spend time getting to know them.  They can take this summer to teach them so much about God and what it looks like to serve Him whole heartily.  Please pray that I don't let 'MY' plans get in the way of God's greater purpose and plan for the week ahead.  I just need to sit back and let God take control of everything.

When we return from camp, I will have several posts over all the happens.  I am sure there will be many funny and miraculous stories to share.  I will just say ahead of time, thank you for praying for us during the next couple of weeks.

No comments: