All Mine 2

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cutie Pie is done with Pre-K

WE MADE IT!  There were many late mornings, some missed days, and many memories that I hope we all never forget.  This first year of Pre-K was fun.  I have to admit that we are NOT morning folks here in the Taylor house.  Cutie Pie would wake up many mornings and beg to just lay in bed for a little while longer, but once she was up and moving, she was ready to take the day on.  All of my children still take afternoon naps, so with the coming school year we are going to have to learn how to live without naps in the afternoon.  I have to say that when we all went for the end of the school year program, I could tell that Sweet Pea was ready for school next fall.  Cutie Pie sang a song and was in the slide show.  I was also very impressed with the kindergarten standing on stage and saying all the verses they memorized to go with each letter of the alphabet.  We have done some memorizing with Cutie Pie, but she doesn't have the recall yet for them.  My child wasn't graduating, but it made me excited for the future.  I really do love seeing all my kids excel at their stages of development.  Just as with many other moms, when you see your baby tackle something and they accomplish it.  The smile and satisfaction that comes across their face is unmet by anything else in the world.  There were moments this year that Cutie Pie had this experience.  When she came home for the first time and read to me and her sisters.  She didn't want to stop...although after a while she wanted to play, but she started writing words just so she could read them.  I never thought that by this time she would be reading and writing words.  Both Cutie Pie and Sweet Pea are excited about staying for lunch and the afternoon next year.  It will give me a great opportunity to have some time with Honey Bear, but it reminds me they are getting so big.

This weekend, I was able to see my cousin graduate high school.  She is at a point in her life that has so many possibilities.  I remember back to the place I was at when I graduated from school.  I knew who I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.  Many thought this was a mistake.  That I was too young to get married....I had plenty of time to get married.  I first needed experience in the world before I got married.  Just as my cousin has a plan for her life, I had a plan and calling on my life.  There are choices that she will make that are going to shape her forever.  When you are young, whether in love or just wanting to leave all that is familiar and make a different path, you think that life will always turn out just as you plan for it.  I look at the faith my parents had to have to entrust me to Preacher Man, who is seven years older than me.  I look at my girls and pray that I will have to peace and trust that my parents did with us.  I know that some day in the near future...I am told by many, "it goes faster than you think..."....Cutie Pie, Sweet Pea and Honey Bear will be hugging me on their graduation day and I will have to let go of them.  I pray for that day often.  When the children that I am putting so much time into at this stage will look at me at that stage and see that what I am telling them is for their best, not to hold them back, or make life more difficult.  Right now, Cutie Pie and the girls want to hear what I have to say.  I just pray that will continue as they grow.  Poor Preacher Man will need some prayer in the years ahead with all of us girls in the house. LOL.  I was glad to see my cousin graduate.

Here are a few pictures of the end of school for Cutie Pie and my cousin's graduation:

Cutie Pie is the second on the left.  This is her field day team.  Preacher Man was the leader and did a great job playing with them.

Cutie Pie and Mrs. Wyley--We really enjoyed her this year and I am thankful for her meek spirit and the time she took pouring into my sweet girl.

Cutie Pie on the first day of Pre-K

Cutie Pie on the last day of Pre-K.  I think that she has grown so much from the first picture.  I wish I had the same pose to show you the differences, but I think you can still tell the growth.

Some of the family with my cousin.  As with most of our pictures.  I am talking in it.  I can't stop telling people what to do.  HA!

It was truly a great last week of school for Cutie Pie and an amazing first week of summer vacation!  I know we will soon see family again in July, but first I am so looking forward to going to youth camp in June.  We have 33-35 signed up.  I don't know the exact number because I have been gone.  This is something that I never dreamed would happen with this being our first year here to have a cabin to ourselves.  I am praying that God work mightily at camp to connect our youth together and make them a united group.  

No comments: