All Mine 2

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Loads of April Pictures!!!

I have already talked about Sweet Pea's birthday party.  She wanted for the longest time an Ariel party.  I don't really like cartoon theme parties, but she really really wanted it.  I joined the fun.  We decided the closest thing we could get to her under sea castle would be the Super Park.  

Here I am setting things up and Preacher Man snapped a couple of pictures.


The cupcakes were strawberry, which she asked for.  Come to find out not many people care for the taste, but she LOVED them.  I just made 48 cupcakes and some cake pops.  We had a lot of 'cake' leftover.

Honey Bear trying to enjoy a cake pop.  She could hardly get a bite at first.

Sweet Pea, her bestest friend, & Cutie Pie  

On our way home from the party.  Cutie Pie was holding most of the balloons.  Everyone was a bit wind blown and weary, but a great day.

Cutie Pie at Discovery Science Center.  Here they were using their "grace and courtesy" while waiting for instructions from an adult. (Side note: grace and courtesy- if you were to come to CCS, you would see students silent and hands clenched behind them while walking in the halls.  When we arrived at the DSC they were very excited and loud.  When the teachers told the students to have grace and courtesy.  They all, within minutes, were trying to be still and quiet.)

Climbing on one of the exibits.  Cutie Pie and a friend were getting some of that energy out.

Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles.  The last time we came here, Cutie Pie was 3 & she got bubbles in her eyes.  They were NOT tear free.  This time she was much more careful. (as you can see...lots of concentration.)

She wanted me to take this picture of her crawling through here.  I thought it was funny because she refused to look at the camera.  She was ready for the next thing her friends had already moved on to.

This dino scared all the kids...well, at least the girls.

Cutie Pie's impression of the dino above.  It made noises and she definitely used some noise here too.

Leave it to the girls to find the stage and dress up area.  I loved seeing them trying to organize a 'play'.  I think it was about a princess walking through the forest and the changing seasons.  It was a good twenty minutes long.

The whole crew in front of one of those loud dinos.

Easter in the Park.  After lunch they were allowed to have some free time to play.  Cutie Pie and Sweet Pea had a chance to slid down the hill.

Everyone gathering for the egg hunt.

No need to run.  The eggs were labeled with their names.  

Sweet Pea helping Honey Bear get a few eggs too.  I love that she was concerned with helping her sister.

Love this picture.  Before this the other two had eggs up by their faces.  Honey Bear wants to be like them.

One quick picture before we leave.  Everyone was a bit worn out.

Easter we went as a family and saw the stations of the cross in Groom.  Sweet Pea was really concerned when she actually saw the nails in Jesus hands.  In that time there, they had some great questions and really seemed to understand a bit more about Jesus sacrifice and gift.

Recital Time!!!

Sweet Pea was feeling a bit left out.  I thought since it was a dress rehearsal, it wasn't a big deal to let her get "made up".  

Quick Pose from Cutie Pie

Waiting patiently for their practice.

They were all a bit tired at this point.  It was about 8 pm.

Waiting for the music to begin again.

Cutie Pie thinks she needs to know the words to all the songs and sing them while dancing. She ends up looking very serious because of the concentration it takes to do both of those.

Shake Your Tail Feathers.  There is a part where they swing their arms in circles and we worked on that for a while.  She was so proud here because she got it right.  I love that look of satisifation with she accomplishes something that she worked so hard on.

Yahoo! We got done at 10 pm...she was so ready for bed.

Pouty face.  All the girls that had perfect attendance got a star trophy.  She was upset for a bit, but there were reasons that we missed those classes because we were traveling with the youth or going on vacation to see Oma and Opa.  When she remembered those times, a BIG smile came on her face.  This face was a little sad for me to see, but I also remember a few of those trips and the huge blessings we were able to witness.  

One last dance for the year.  I love this picture because they were off the stage watching the older girls dance.  I hope that Cutie Pie will always love dance and stick with it.  We will see what next year brings.

Preacher Man brought his girl some tulips.  I love this picture.  He had been at a Men's Retreat at Falls Creek.  He came back refreshed and looking forward to what God is doing.

Cutie Pie with one of her friends afterward.  

Honey Bear being funny while Preacher Man was reading to the girls for bedtime.  She seems to do the funniest things when everyone else is being serious or calm.  I think she will keep it interesting.  Lately our house has been filled with lots of laughter from all the girls.  The things they say and think are so funny.  It brings back memories of things I thought at their age.  I wasn't a quizative kind of kid.  I kept in a lot of my own thoughts.  I think that is how Cutie Pie is too.  Sweet Pea loves to discover all things new.  Honey Bear just really wants to bring a smile to your face.  With three girls there is drama, but lately our lives have been filled with joy and thankfulness. (Thanks Polly Anna!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read your blogs even though I know most of what is going on, when you write about it, there is a fresh perspective!

Anonymous said...

I love reading about the events even though I know about what is going on. There is a fresh perspective when you write about the happenings of your life!