All Mine 2

Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday, Honey Bear!

I cannot believe that it has been a month since I have updated this little blog!  It has been a busy busy busy summer.  Since returning from a visit at my parents, we have been gone to Student Evangelism Conference, and Rock the Desert.  Traveling is always fun and exciting, but it is still a little bit of work with my kiddos in tow.

Today, I wanted to focus on Honey Bear turning 2!  I have to say that for the most part she is still a very easy going third child.  Although as with any 2 year old, she has discovered that she can scream and get most any one's attention.  This tactic comes in handy when one of your siblings is taking something without asking, pulls on you when you want to be left alone, and especially when you want some juice or food.  Every evening Honey Bear still wants to cuddle up and relax before bedtime.  It is something I know I need to treasure.

Something that you may want to know about Honey Bear is that she has unwavering love and respect for Sweet Pea.  I didn't really know to what extent till last week.  I was talking with a friend on the phone in a different room, when Honey Bear comes in and says, "Ta-da!".   I thought maybe she was showing me some little bracelet or a little dress up outfit, but NO!  She had a half MULLET!  I immediately knew who the 'artist' was.  Sweet Pea thought her hair was getting a too long for her taste.  It was so jagged and a couple bald spots.  I was in shock.  Thankfully, the friend on the phone knew how to 'fix' this problem and rushed right over.  She was in awe of how short some of the spots were.  So, in the following pictures of Honey Bear's birthday there will be some very short hair on her and Sweet Pea.    I know that it will be something that we remember and laugh at the silly things that they did.

Olivia the pig is ready for her party.

The cake.  This was fantastic! Red Velvet and Chocolate.  We didn't have any leftover.  

Party table.  Kit-Kats, Twizzlers, Buffalo Chicken Cheese Ball, Poppers, and Cheddar Bacon Pull Bread

Some party guest. (Also, a great shot of the new do.)

Little party guest of Honey Bear.

I was a bit distracted in this pic, but still very good over all.

Birthday girl with her cake right after she blew out the candle.

Honey Bear dug right in to the cake and pretty much ate it in one bite.  

She enjoyed both cupcakes very much.

She is a silly girl, but it seems that she is very serious.  This is all a roose.  She is a little comedian.

Opening gifts..She loved them all.  Thanks everyone!

She loves books!
Guess who is turning 6!! Cutie Pie will be 6 next month.  I have some planning to get busy on.  

She will be starting kindergarten in THREE days.  I am looking forward to all the things she will be learning.  I have so enjoyed the first stages in her life and I don't want to dread the next stage.  I look forward to the years ahead.


No comments: