We have had a bit of a busy summer. After we arrived back from Falls Creek, we were spending most days helping with VBS preparations. We were gearing up for some Pandamania. I loved seeing the stage set come together. The ladies that organized it worked so hard. I was in charge of a break room for the workers. I remember having a space to get away for just a bit to grab a bite to eat, a quick coke, and a little peace before heading back to showing God's love to little people. I was so glad to host this area for our workers. This year they worked so hard and I loved seeing the things that some of them wrote on our prayer, praise and puns wall. Kids say the funniest things! There were many decisions made for Christ that week.
Preacher Man left for his South Africa on the 27th. I decided to leave to see my parents for a while on the following Friday. We were able to spend some very blessed time with family. My mom-in-law was doing some amazing things to her apartment that has made it so homey. Our visit was one of the best ones I can look back on. My brother and sister-in-law came to visit with my niece and nephew. She and Sweet Pea had the best time playing together. Cutie Pie felt a little left out, but she is just a little bit older and it makes a difference. My girls loved going to the zoo a couple times even though it was so hot and humid. Honey Bear has definitely started calling me Ma. My mom was called Ma by my brother for a short time and said how much it loved it because it was so cute. I now know what my mom was talking about. Sweet Pea has also started calling me Mom Mom. My niece calls her mom that, so with them being around each other so much it has rubbed off. When I make my way down there, I am able to shop and sometimes find really good deals. So I was able to truly feel like it was a vacation while Preacher Man is gone. Thankfully, I was able to keep up with him through social media. When he got back in the states, he had to stay with our pastor because we forgot his house key in the house. One HUGE detail that slipped our minds. They graciously let him crash there till we got home the next day. It was so exciting to have us all together and home! We have had a good week together, but I find myself over and over feeling like I need to organize my house from top to bottom. Some of this urge comes from both Preacher Man and myself bring stuff home and accumulating too much. We have closets that have wood shelves but they are odd sized and not real sturdy. I really want to get a shelving system to better help with organizing. Ok, enough of this cleaning stuff, I will work very hard to get things paired down. For now, I am going to look forward to each day and our up coming Student Evangelism Conference. We have a pretty good size group going. Thanks for sticking with me through my update...I have taken a while doing this because we were traveling. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the warmth before fall comes and the fridged cold of winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment