All Mine 2

Sunday, March 6, 2011

And now there are 5!

For the past three weeks, Preacher Man and I knew some friends that needed a place to stay while they wait to return to China.  We didn't even really discuss the situation before we talked to them about it.  I am so thankful for a man that will act and do all that he can to help someone out.  Preacher Man is one of the most giving and caring people that I know.  Those first few days were a bit odd, just getting accustomed to different schedules.  Our girls all loved having someone to play with and I enjoyed having another adult around to talk with during the day.  There were many days that they would argue about which cartoon character they were going to pretend to be.  We, moms, would try to explain that it was pretend and everyone could be anyone they wanted to pretend to be.  It didn't change it too much, but it would defuse the situation for a bit.  There were so many things my girls experienced through this.  I feel so blessed that they stayed with us for these short weeks.  She shared some cuisine, some culture, some advice, and great shopping deals and steals.  When I think about our girls and all that they have.  I want them to above all see that giving a person some help will only enrich their life all the more.  I honestly didn't expect a thing from them, but I was truly honored to have become closer with her and her sweet family.  They brought our attention to an amazing international market in a town close to us.  Preacher Man and I have been there twice in the past 4 days.  We hope to one day visit our friends in their country, but until then I am so glad for the memories of our time shared.


Last minute hugs before they check in

One last snapshot before they leave.

I saw that at 6pm (our time), they arrived safe and sound with all 10 pieces of luggage.  I bet that they are having a wonderful time with family right now.

No comments: