“Wash and make yourselves clean. Take your evil deeds out of my sight; stop doing wrong. Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.” Isaiah 1:16-17
There have been many times that I wanted justice or that I would defend people. (even when not solisted) In high school, many times I would open my mouth and spout things that were meant in the best of intentions and it would wound someone. After a few years to grow up and grow in God, I have mellowed a lot. In the past I have expereinced some situations that I wanted their foolishness out of my sight, I wanted them to stop doing wrong, learn to do right, but above all I wanted JUSTICE! Our sense of justice is NOT the same as God's justice. I hear a lot of people say that "His ways are right." If this is true we have to trust that His justice is right. I struggle with my own heart in this area. How can a marriage fall apart and one person be left holding the pieces while the other is moving right along with life "as usual" so it seems? How can someone begin to start leading the life they were meant to live and something happens to derail that plan? How can someone mislead others and slander them and still be viewed as an upstanding citizen?
Today, I was wanting to get some justice of my own. I wanted to tell "X" exactly the way I felt about "X". I simply went to God's word to find what I could find. These were some of the first verses that I read today. I know these verses are probably a bit out of context, but I feel that it helped me to stop and think about my attitude. I have seen the attitude of my culture become downcast. All I want to do is just encourage them. I have been bogged down myself with the "X" factor. (that's what I'll call it) A wise pastor's wife told me that I can't take on the "X" factor as truth in my life. When that sunk in and finally penetrated my soul. A great weight was lifted from me. I didn't feel the need for justice. I felt peace. There are so many things that distract us from our joy, our peace, our grace that God gives to us. (Grace that we are to give to others.) There is no need for us to seek our justice or our judgement. God has it all in His plan for our lives. We have to have faith and trust that He is doing what is best for us. Obedience isn't easy for anyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment