This may look like a regular half gallon of ice cream to the average person, but to us it is a tradition that was started very early. Preacher Man came back from his time in Africa on October 16, 2001. We hadn't spent anytime dating before he left. I was 17 (he was 24) when he boarded his plane on December 30, 1999. So when he returned to the states, we were determined to spend time together. I just knew we were going to have a spring wedding. Well on November 7, 2001, he serenaded me with a song he wrote for me and got down on one knee and asked for my hand. Of course, Preacher Man had to ask my dad for his blessing first. We were married on December 28, 2001 in the evening. My mom helped plan the day and it was honestly the most stress free, peaceful, and lovely day of my life to that point. Preacher Man and I decided to for go an expensive honeymoon and planned for a sweet little trip to San Antonio.
We took our time enjoying our time there. When we first arrived in town, Preacher Man had waited too long to eat and was very hungry. He got food poisoning from that trip. A few days had past and he realized that it was my birthday. Not only did he realize it was my birthday when my parents called to wish me happy birthday, but it was also 7:00 PM!! He said he was going to make his way out for a stroll. So, I was a little concerned when my new sick husband was going for a 'stroll' in downtown San Antonio. About an hour later, he entered our room laughing, carrying a bouquet of flowers and a pint of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. Happy Birthday!
Here we are nine years later, he hadn't forgotten. This time of year is tough on his pocket book. What with Christmas, anniversary, and my birthday all within 8 days of each other?! Preacher Man blessed me with some new nonstick cookware. This past year has seemed like it moved so quickly. There were very many things with Honey Bear that seemed we were doing them for the first time. I don't think she should be walking and dancing and talking. Cutie Pie is halfway through her Pre-K year and Sweet Pea gearing up for soccer in the spring. Life is moving quickly.
Here I sit 29 years young, what should this coming year look like for me? That is something I have not a clue of. I have already started a huge overhaul of closets and storage. I am determined to accomplish some things on my wish list. If I don't get to them all, I will be OK with that because that will have meant that I took time to stop and savor my time with family and friends. So here we go 29, this is going to be a GREAT YEAR!
1 comment:
That's so sweet! I didn't know that you had a blog! I do too! Many people just don't know about, mainly because I don't tell them. Ha!
Post a Comment