Yes, Preacher Man had snow up to his knees today! We have enjoyed living in an area where it usually snows a little, but this snow was really memorable. The total snow fall was 11'' and snow drift of 3 to 4 feet. Preacher Man (along with our pastor, and two youth boys) spent all day clearing driveways for some of the elderly folks in our church.
There was no way I was getting out in that unless I needed to. At the time this picture was taken, it was 1 degree outside. It was so crazy that Texas would experience this kind of weather.
Please, Mom, can I go outside? She kept scooping up the snow and trying to eat it. Sweet Pea's hands were freezing after about five minutes of standing there watching Preacher Man.
Cutie Pie and Sweet Pea getting ready to sled down a big hill. This was their first time to go sledding. Usually we would just make a snow man, we will be doing that tomorrow because the snow is sticking around for a few days.
Oh, dad...oh, dad...whoa DAD!! -Cutie Pie
Hurry up, dad...hurry up, mom, take the picture...hurry up, dad...aaaAAAHHH! -Sweet Pea
ok, mom...are we going fast?!..we are going fast...YAY! - Cutie Pie
Yep, that is me, Blue Jean Queen laid out in the snow. This was after several times of trucking up a hill that was terribly difficult to get up. I was up in no time, but it was very nice to just stare at the sky and take in the cool air. Life was good at that moment. Side note: I think the little boy in this picture thought something happened to me because I laid there for a few minutes.
Cutie Pie's face is all red because she borrowed another person snowboard and she went super fast down the hill. She actually did a full flip and landed with her face in the snow. I was so proud. She didn't meltdown. Nope, she pulled herself up by her tennis shoe strings and went down a few more times. Until suddenly, she said, "my fingers are frozen! Take me home!" At that point she went to the car and sat with Honey Bear and myself. Preacher Man and Sweet Pea soon followed and we made our way home to warm up.
So here I sit at 10:00 pm and all of the rest of my family has been in bed for a couple hours. I am preparing for a few more house guests for a little while. When I was younger my parents always opened their house to friends who needed a little help or place to stay. Yes, at times their kindness was taken advantage, but I love that we had company around. It was something to shake things up a little. This also modeled how we as Christians should help out people around us. No matter the sacrifice. We don't have an over abundance of space or finances, but whatever God has blessed us with. I want to go as far as I can to share it with anyone God puts in our path. Lately, God has been convicting me about how wasteful I have been: in my time, in my grocery bill, in my journey of chasing the 'American Dream'. After reading and studying Proverbs 31 for our True Love Waits series, I realized some of the things that I didn't think would ever apply to my life. God showed me anew somethings that I had been lacking in. When I woke up to our major snow drifts, I saw our neighbor out in a hoodie shoveling her neighbor and our driveways. Here was this lady that we kind of knew helping us out in extreme weather. I made a little hot coco for her, but I was humbled at her gesture toward us. Tonight, I am looking forward to the days ahead as I may have some youth girls over for a Spa night and Preacher Man preparing for True Love Waits commitment ceremony and service. It will be a fun few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment