All Mine 2

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Prepping for Super Bowl Blowout!

Yes, it is that time of year that all the men in the house get control of the TV!  I know that in our house we rarely catch a football game all the way through whether it be because I had something recording on the DVR, out busy doing something, or the girls need some attention.  The Super Bowl has been a BIG youth party tradition for the past 5 years.

My memories as follows:
1st: I was in my first trimester with Cutie Pie and nothing with meat was sitting well with me.  I crashed immediately when I got home.
2nd: Cutie Pie was 5 months old.  She was passed around quite a bit among the girls in the youth group, but close to the end we needed to leave to put her in bed.
3rd: I was in the last trimester of pregnancy with Sweet Pea.  I was so exhausted from chasing Cutie Pie that I opted out around halftime to put myself to bed.
4th: Preacher Man got the local movie theater to show the game on one of the screens and had pizza delivered.  I didn't make it to this one because the girls would have been into so much.  I was also into my first trimester with Honey Bear. We watched at home till we all fell asleep.
5th: AmericInn event center, it was very nice and large.  We all hung out up there, but the weather was a little sketchy.

This year, we are opening our home to the youth.  I haven't had many youth over in quite some time.  I am not anxious.  I am really looking forward to it.  I have started prepping some dips because boys are bringing chips and girls are bringing pop.  Preacher Man ordered pizza.  I am hoping that some girls will show up because I like to watch the game, but I don't sit glued to it.  I never have.  Cutie Pie and Sweet Pea were full of questions today.  "Is there going to be cake?" "Why isn't there going to be cake?" I told them that we will have something sweet, but probably not cake.  One thing that never changes when I go to these parties is that the youth are all hyped up about seeing the game and friends and chowing on some food.  I will be posting pictures another day to show you the craziness at our house.  In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your day of worship and football.

No comments: