As long as I can remember, Cutie Pie has loved Sweet Pea. She has not really been jealous of her sister since she was born a year and a half after her. All that they ever remember is having each other. I know that having kids spaced out has it's advantages, but so does having them close together. Cutie Pie has always looked out for her little sister and I believe she always will.
I love this picture. I don't think that Cutie Pie was laughing at anything that Sweet Pea was doing at the time this was taken. Now, Sweet Pea can be trying her hardest to be serious and within seconds or minutes be making everyone laugh. Sweet Pea has an amazing ability to make us laugh, even when her actions call for serious consequences.
I tried rotating this before I uploaded it...well, it didn't work obviously. Just take that image in...it just makes me giggle every time I see it. We had just moved to our new (at the time) church and we were staying in this already furnished duplex. Cutie Pie saw Sweet Pea's walker and decided it was an excellent idea to climb in it, but she couldn't get out. I went to the bathroom and when I came out it was still and she was out. My very active and trying to figure a way out two year old just gave up and fell asleep. Needless to say, I took her out and laid her down for an early nap that day.
For those of you out there who wonder if your baby eats a little something off the ground...are you a bad mom for not panicking? I have to say that when I saw Sweet Pea in this dog food for probably the 4th or 5th time, I didn't completely panic. Clearly, I took a picture of the event. My parents door didn't close very securely and the dog food was easy pickings for her when she was army crawling. The tell tell sign she was into something was that it was dead quiet and I walked by to see this. Not a proud moment, but a little on the silly side of life.
Yes, I would be driving along and we would look in the back and see this. Sweet Pea would be sucking her thumb or her toes. There was a period there were she hated for me to take her picture. She would cover her eyes before I could snap it. Cutie Pie was a little grossed out at her sister's actions. Every time Sweet Pea would start doing it, Cutie Pie would yell out, "STOP SUCKING YOUR TOES!"
Cutie Pie has been under the impression that she IS a princess. This was her third and fourth birthday party themes. This was her third party, Preacher Man and my dad made a 'castle' out of refrigerator boxes including a dungeon. Our little princess was so impressed with it.
Halloween 2008- these were picked by me..I had a satchel for Cutie Pie to carry to go with the theme of the outfit. We still have these outfits in our dress up trunk that is stuffed.
December 12, 2008- A very proud day in our house. Preacher Man graduated with his Master of Missiology from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. It was an amazing victory!
Preacher Man in his element. He went to Niger on a vision trip for our church.
He truly loves to share God's message with people. I love that he gets out there and is unashamed of the gospel.
Some friends of ours. Cutie Pie and the twins are only a month apart and have been friends from the time they have been a few months old. Their uncle did these pictures with the black back drop. Sweet Pea and the crawler on her belly are about 5 months apart. We do have to travel a little to get together, but it is fun to go to a restuarant and ask for a table with 4 adults and (now) 7 kids. It is pretty humorous the looks we get.
Cutie Pie was laughing, but it is a very funny face. Sweet Pea loved Pooh more than Cutie Pie, but they had a lot of fun doing this shoot.
One of my favorites from this time together. Sweet Pea and Cutie Pie both look pretty serious. It was coming close to an hour of pictures and they were growing tired of smiling I think.
So we also let Cutie Pie show her inner princess and she started to twirl in her dress. There are many more, but I will just share one.
If you are wondering why zebra became popular again...well here is your answer! Not really, but look at these overalls my mom found at a boutique! We all went on a family vacation to Branson, Missouri. The girls were having lots of fun when we had to get an amazing shot of them and the country side.
Well, I hope you enjoyed some of the pictures. They were all a bit random. I thought this would be better than some post about random facts about myself. I am preparing for a weekend with some wonderful ladies at a retreat. I know that it will allow me to get away from the chaos for just a bit and take a breath and listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment