All Mine 2

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

GYMtastic!!


One of the images that I have saved in my memory.  She also raised her hands after each stunt.  It was so interesting to see how precise she is in her tumbling, jumping, and balancing.  Sweet Pea was loving the evening.  Afterwards, she started to talk about wanting to do ballet like her sister.  She made me laugh when she made her plans known: first, I wanna try soccer and then I wanna do some ballet like Cutie Pie.  It made me laugh because when I was three (almost four years old), I think all I worried about was what my brother and I were going to do for the day.  My parents lived on a bunch of land in the country.  My brother and I would play in the creek that was close to the pond, swing in the tree swing that my dad had hung up from a huge oak tree, making "pools" (mud holes) in the summertime, etc.  When I was in Kindergarten, I did some ballet and tap followed up some tee ball.  I had lots of those kinds of plans, but never plans on what activities I would be involved in.  

I like for my girls to be involved in things, but I want to be very diligent in making sure that they aren't too busy for the most important things in life: God and family.  I know I may be in a dream world, but I want my girls to be sisters that cheer each other on and have each other's backs.  I hope that for their lives they see the importance of whatever they are doing to do it to their best, but to never sacrifice their time focused on Christ.  As they grow into young ladies, I know that some of their scheduling will be up to them.  I will have to trust that by that time they have a deep relationship with Christ that pulls them so closely to Him.

For this moment, let's enjoy a few more captured moments of Sweet Pea's gymnastics:


This is a little blurry, but she LOVES the trampoline.  She must have spent about 65% of the time on them.


Sweet Pea flipping on "the cheesecake".  This looks a little wild.


Crossing the ladder.  She did it standing before I could get to this camera. 


Sweet Pea doing the balance beam.  She loved doing this, but she started to hop on it near the end.  It made me a tad nervous, but she did amazing!


Honey Bear had some static from the gym.  

I am thankful for the ablility to see what they have been learning the past months, but I very glad as we approach Christmas that our time of running is slowing down greatly.  Preacher Man and I are looking forward to some quality time as a little family at our house this year, then seeing the rest of our family for the holidays.  We are very grateful for all that God has blessed us with.


No comments: