Today, I was able to take Cutie Pie back stage. She had a full day of rehearsal, play time, make up (was told it was a must.), hair in a bun, and costume changes. She told me she just wanted to wear her pretty ballet slippers. Cutie Pie didn't understand at all why they had to wear those clunky tap shoes. We both stood to the side of the stage and peeked through the curtains and watched the girls. It took me back as I watched Cutie Pie follow and mimic the older girls dance. When we started talking about dance, she told me and Preacher Man that she wanted to be a serious ballerina. Today, as I watched her dance on stage there were very purposeful movements and a slight grin. Every time she came off stage, you could tell she was having a blast! Today, I saw my Cutie Pie become less of a baby or a toddler and more of a little girl who one day, in the near future, turn into a young woman. And today, I am thankful of the memories of then and now.
She caught a glance of herself in the mirror.
Just put on a little make-up & she didn't want to get tired of smiling. Country Christmas 2010
Orphan Cutie Pie-Scrooge: All Jazzed Up 2010
Sorry it's sideways...Here is the serious ballerina. She just put on the ballet slippers.
We finished our first recital and we loved the sweet time together.

No comments:
Post a Comment