Just hours ago, we voted in a new pastor to our church. I am very excited at the prospect of his family and him joining us in the near future. You never fully understand the full extent of what it takes to have one staff member gone. These last six months have been one of the biggest adventures Preacher Man and I have faced in a while. I am aware that it could have last a lot longer than six months, but I am thankful that it is coming to a close. Preacher Man and I have only been in full time ministry for the past six years. Not having anyone that has mentored me, it has taken me a while to get a feel for how life goes for us. Our house is pretty active with three girls five and under. Along with being in youth and music ministry, Preacher Man is busy most nights out of the week. We try to make sure our girls know how important they are to us, even when things are not planned around their desires.
Though Cutie Pie has prayed several times for the new pastor to have a girl her age. She is thrilled to have a girl to look up to, who is about five to six years older. I also hope that she will come to appreciate how God works things out for our best and not our wants. Tonight, I asked her if she was looking forward to them becoming a part of our church. "I am so excited!" said Cutie Pie. She can make friends pretty easily. Cutie Pie and Sweet Pea are somewhat social butterflies. Can't imagine where they get that from?!
Also, tonight, I am incredibly thankful for a church family that is so much "our family". We are not going to be able to make it home to be with our parents until after Christmas. There were a few that offered to have our crew over on Christmas day. It really means more than I can express to have people close to us that would offer to open their homes on that day to us. We are extremely thankful for where God has placed us and called us to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment